Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Book Review: Jinn and Juice



Born in ancient Persia, Leila turned to her house Jinni, Kouros, for help escaping an arranged marriage. Kouros did make it impossible for her to marry—by cursing Leila to live a thousand years as a Jinni herself.

If she can remain unBound, Leila's curse will soon be over. But Ozan Sawyer, a Magi with the ability to See, Call, and Bind jinn has other plans. 
Oz needs Leila to help him penetrate Pittsburgh's steel-soaked magic, a juice potent but poisonous to supernatural creatures, in order to find a missing girl with her own mysterious connection to Kouros. Unfortunately for Leila, becoming Bound to Oz may risk more than just her chance to be human once more—it could risk her very soul...

Jinn and Juice is the first in a new series by fantasy writer, Nicole Peeler, set in a world of immortal curses, powerful jinni and belly dancing.


I really enjoyed this book. Jinn and Juice was the first book that I have read by Nicole Peeler. I say was because immediately after reading this book I read the entire Jane True Series.... Marathon reading session. I felt that Lelia was the perfect mix of normal and supernatural and I believe that is the key to her being able to access the node on Pittsburgh. My only had two peeves with this book. One was the fact that Leila was constantly two steps behind the plot and only because the twist were slightly obvious. For a being that has been alive a thousand years and has been constantly ducking Magi to keep from being bound she was entirely too clueless. Secondly Leila and Oz develop this rule of no relationship while Bound. While not problematic for the author us readers will find it very problematic going forward.
Overall I gave the book 4/5 stars and would definitely recommend it as a good rainy day read. 
Let me know if you guys read this book and comment below if you have read the Jane True Series.

P.S. Someone must be talking about my little corner of the blogosphere because my post got a lot of views while I was sick. Thanks guys for the Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment