Friday, February 20, 2015

Book Review: Wallbanger



So off the top I really thought this book was going to be an erotica selection. I mean come on look at that cover!
The person that recommended this book to me did so after a discussion about reading 50 Shades of Grey (which I tried but really, really didn't like so I immediately DNF'd the entire series). So I went into this book with the expectation of Sex, Sex, and more Sex. 

Boy was I pleasantly surprised!

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton wow'ed me. This book would be best called a romantic comedy. I spent so much time amused and outright laughing that I know the people who were around me while I was reading this book probably thought I was losing my mind. 
Caroline had reached a point in her life where she is tired of dating and has found that place that I think all women should visit in their lives where they are completely comfortable with their own company. Dining out alone, taking trips solo, and enjoying solo activities without the need for companionship. Feeling upwardly mobile she moves into her boss's old apartment which is any single girls dream. Only to find out that her neighbor is a gigolo with a Harem of women that he entertains. And the worst part? 
They share a bedroom wall.
What ensues is hilarity! 
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a light, funny read that will definitely have you laughing out loud! This book gets 5/5 stars because it was definitely unexpected but in a very good way. I just couldn't put the book down. I finished this book in one day and Alice Clayton has been added to my author watch list. I will definitely be reading more of what she has to write.

Have you read a book that was totally not what you thought it was going to be or had a friend recommend a really good read that you wouldn't otherwise have read?

No comments:

Post a Comment