Monday, December 15, 2014

Whats your Favorite Reading Method?

Recently I have been watching a lot of BookTube videos and I have noticed the obsession some people have to own actual physical books, preferably hardbacks. Lately though I have been consuming the great majority of the books I read in ebook format. There are a number of reasons for this which I will get into in a minute, but foremost I just don't have the space to store hundreds of books. When I was living with my parent I definitely didn't have the space ( and I lived with my mother through my twenties because I like her and I was saving money), now I have a large home and still don't have a wish to fill any of the rooms in my house with books. Especially if I have no intention of lending these books out to people. I keep a few series that I love in large format paperback in my living room but other than that my books are generally ebooks.

A good friend of mines was just telling me the same thing about her book life. Things had gotten so bad she was storing books in the trunk of her car because she had no where to put them. Suffice it to say she has recently switched to reading ebooks as well.  Do we miss holding and reading physical books? Not really. The one thing I do miss is being able to visually see how much of the book I have left to read.

But here is a list of reasons I love Ebooks:

1. I have the ability to carry hundreds of books where ever I go.
2. My place in my books syncs across my devices. (iBooks and Kindle)
3. Multiple devices ( I can read on my iphone, ipad, or computer)
4. Sharing/ Social Media Integration (I can post progress to my bookclub, goodreads, or facebook)
5. Availability ( I can go online and download a new book from where ever I am)

I could go on but as you can see I am a convert.
Whats your favorite reading method, have you given ebooks a try, and what are your experiences?

Currently Reading: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Next review: Julie's Butterfly by Greta Milán

No comments:

Post a Comment